Monday, October 24, 2011

Homecoming Weekend


Beth and I had a great time this weekend. Her family made the long seven hour trip from Escanaba (six for me). They took us and Beth's sister Jackie and her husband Eric to the MSU hockey game against Ohio State on Friday and we all went to the amazing football game on Saturday.
I had never been to a hockey game before and it was a lot of fun. We were in the third row right by the action. I looked around around the 2nd period and I noticed that I was literally the only person wearing just a t-shirt. I guess they breed em' for a colder climate in the Dutch city.
Before the game we watched the band perform at Adams Field and march to the stadium. The sad thing is that this is my 5th year here at State and I didn't know that they did this. It was cool though. Eric was in the drum line when he went to Michigan State and he said that if anyone tries to run across the road or break the line when they are marching they have permission to break it and beat them up. He said this happened once while he was there.
The game as you probably already know was quite the thriller. We were all going crazy on the last play. Our seats were right on the goal line and I knew it was a touchdown.

Overall it was a great weekend, and I had a blast spending time with Beth and her family. Now it's back to reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment