Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's Pumpkin carvin' time

So Beth was all excited to carve some pumpkins so we decided to give it a whirl Saturday night. We visited her sister Jackie, and her husband Eric after the football game. Their little boy Eric has grown pretty fond of me. He's really into video games and playing with his Nintendo DS. I brought mine over with my hacked game card (holds like 15 games I downloaded off the internet). Ever since then he thinks I'm the coolest person. I guess he cried on Friday when he could't see me. At dinner I found out he asked if he could spend the night at my house hahaha. Unfortunately my apartment isn't equipped to handle small children...
We ended up picking out some pumpkins at a place in St. Johns. We only had one carving kit, and Beth broke one of the two saws about 2 minutes in. I was reluctant to give her the other one...
We ended up having to go get some more tools to finish the job.
Can you guess which pumpkin belongs to me? That's right, the one with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on it! In non-geek terms it is the villain Voldemort from Harry Potter (O.K. I guess that's still geek terms). Beth's is the cute ghost, after four broken saws hahaha. We kept the seeds and cooked them. They are pretty good with a little salt on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment