Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Speedway Stories:Series 1

As most of you know I work at Speedway gas station, and have been for about 6 months. As you would suspect this enables me to meet a wide variety of people from all walks of life. There is one regular in particular that I believe to be post-worthy. He is a 30-something year old man with big glasses. I think there's something a little off with him. The first time I met him he came in and bought two 5-hour energy drinks and talked to me about gun regulations in Michigan. Then he spent some time in the parking lot (presumably to drink his unhealthy amount of caffeine. When he came back into the store he had drawn whiskers and a cat nose on his face (it wasn't halloween). I see him every couple of weeks and he always reads a Guns n Ammo magazine in the store and in line, then he sets it down on the counter and asks if I would mind putting it back for him...

Something I've just noticed in the last week is that people have been swindling me with their 64oz drink refills. First of all lets just get one thing out of the way, why do people think it is necessary or healthy to consume 64oz of pop or slushy at one time. That is 2 liters of liquid... I digress, I have been charging people for a cold refill on their 64 oz mugs (pop/slushy) for roughly $1.37. Then I find out that this one yahoo has been filling his up with coffee which costs like $2.50. I finally caught him because he asked if it was alright if he made some 100% Columbian coffee (as he opened the bag-we don't make it after 7) When he came up to pay I charged him for a hot beverage refill and it threw him for a loop, and he had to dig for extra change in his pocket.

Wow did I really just write an entire paragraph explaining that...

Anyway, that old coot ain't gonna be fooling me again!

4 comments: