Saturday, March 5, 2011

Speedway Recap

Ok I have a few short stories about working at speedway
1. There is this old lady that comes in every week and buys us out of bottlecaps candies. If there are 17 left in the box she buys them all. You would think she would get sick of them after a while. I'm doing some math and lets say she buys 10 packages of bottlecaps every week (which is conservative) at $1 a piece. Thats over $500 a year on candy.

2. An old guy came it at like 10pm and bought a banana. Then he held the banana like it was a gun and pointed it at me... awesome.

3. Tonight I shut this ladies pump off because she was sitting in her car while it was pumping. This is against the rules because that can build up static electricity which can start a fire. She marched inside not too happy, I tried to explain to her the situation but all I got was, "SO YOU SHUT MY PUMP OFF!?" Then she said she was never going to come to Speedway again, awwww shucks!

4. Some a-hole came in and bought cigarettes, when I turned my head he put them in his pocket. When I gave him his change he said I never put the cigarettes out (then how the heck did I wring them up?). I said I did and he started laughing and replied, "It never works." He thought it was a hoot, I didn't find it very amusing.

5. Someone stole one of the plastic cases that holds the towels by the pumps. Why?

1 comment:

  1. # 5 Answer: They are using them to wash away their sins !

    ReplyDelete